The Student Room Group

TMUA for Pure Economics/Industrial Economics(not at Cambridge)

Hi! I'm planning to apply to straight Econ courses in the coming UCAS cycle at places like Warwick, UCL, Bath (probably not LSE). I was wondering if you need to write the TMUA or if it positively affects your application for straight Economics? I'm not looking at Oxbridge. Any advice would be welcome, thank you! (I already take further maths and I am projected a decent grade for that already)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jelly.yyyy
Hi! I'm planning to apply to straight Econ courses in the coming UCAS cycle at places like Warwick, UCL, Bath (probably not LSE). I was wondering if you need to write the TMUA or if it positively affects your application for straight Economics? I'm not looking at Oxbridge. Any advice would be welcome, thank you! (I already take further maths and I am projected a decent grade for that already)

I don't think so. Most of the degrees that accept TMUA are primarily maths based. It's on the TMUA website which courses at which unis accept TMUA.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly.yyyy

Most likely not needed for pure econ if you're not going for Cambridge unless your uni specifically mentions it on their website. When I was applying, LSE pages recommended it (but not required) for Econ and Maths, but didn't mention it for pure econ. Warwick gives reduced offers with a TMUA score, but probably also only for more maths heavy courses like econ and maths or MORSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending