The Student Room Group

Just finished my first week EO DWP training AMA

Ask me anything regarding the first week of the EO training for dwp . I will tell you anything from the culture to the training it's self .
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
What are your working hours like atm ?
Reply 2
Hiya, I start on the 8th of jan in south east London. I am pretty excited for this new career change! Could you give a break day on a typical day while training, like the breaks, the hours you do, the staff it would be nice to have an insight so I can mentally prepare. Thank you in advance!
Reply 3
Original post by Sdee1
What are your working hours like atm ?

930- 430
Reply 4
Original post by Yhb
Hiya, I start on the 8th of jan in south east London. I am pretty excited for this new career change! Could you give a break day on a typical day while training, like the breaks, the hours you do, the staff it would be nice to have an insight so I can mentally prepare. Thank you in advance!

1 st week was the induction week but it was doing the training on your laptop (usually with a group ) in a class room. 20 minutes break , then a hour lunch , followed by a other 20 minutes in the afternoon. Hours typically 930 to 430 . Mixture of people usually a couple of young ones like myself in mid twenties and few older ones in 50s and few people 30-40 etc. I would say it very much depends on the jobcentre you get too. I'm enjoying the 2nd week more than I did the first .
Reply 5
Original post by Lucyxsa
1 st week was the induction week but it was doing the training on your laptop (usually with a group ) in a class room. 20 minutes break , then a hour lunch , followed by a other 20 minutes in the afternoon. Hours typically 930 to 430 . Mixture of people usually a couple of young ones like myself in mid twenties and few older ones in 50s and few people 30-40 etc. I would say it very much depends on the jobcentre you get too. I'm enjoying the 2nd week more than I did the first .

Thanks for your response!
Sounds good!
Glad you are enjoying your 2nd week better.
Reply 6
What does the first day look like? Is there any specific equipment you need to bring with you or is everything provided?
Original post by stuomac88
What does the first day look like? Is there any specific equipment you need to bring with you or is everything provided?

Everything is provided for you
Reply 8
Original post by Sophielarlar
Everything is provided for you

When you say everything, what is provided exactly?
Original post by stuomac88
When you say everything, what is provided exactly?

All the equipments you need you need for the training, surface pro, headset mouse etc
Reply 10
Thank you. Is it worth taking my own notebook then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending