The Student Room Group

Sapphic or Lesbian?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread - please redirect me if this isn’t it!

So! I’ve never had a crush on a man before, and I don’t even think most of them are pretty/good looking in the slightest. The only men I’ve ever though are pretty are the unattainable ones, such as celebrities or athletes.

However! I think that the majority of women/fem-presenting people are pretty. I also can only see myself dating women in my head, but I’ve never done this with a man.

I don’t want to rule out the possibility of dating men entirely but I also don’t exactly feel comfortable calling myself biromantic or panromantic because it feels way too definitive.

If anyone has any advice please let me know!!! I’m very stuck!!! D:
Reply 1
The sapphic term generally is more inclusive than lesbian, but I truly would not place too much stress on finding a label. I do totally see the benefit of being able to point at a label and say "this!", but I would recommend going with to whichever you can resonate with most - even if that thing fluctuates from time to time (it's okay to change!!).

If you haven't already heard of it, I would also suggest checking out the Lesbian Masterdoc™️!
Original post by cloverpatches111
Sorry if this is the wrong thread - please redirect me if this isn’t it!

So! I’ve never had a crush on a man before, and I don’t even think most of them are pretty/good looking in the slightest. The only men I’ve ever though are pretty are the unattainable ones, such as celebrities or athletes.

However! I think that the majority of women/fem-presenting people are pretty. I also can only see myself dating women in my head, but I’ve never done this with a man.

I don’t want to rule out the possibility of dating men entirely but I also don’t exactly feel comfortable calling myself biromantic or panromantic because it feels way too definitive.

If anyone has any advice please let me know!!! I’m very stuck!!! D:

My opinion on it, it does not matter that much at the end. Just explore your feelings, as long as nobody gets hurt in the process, what does it matter? You might fall in love with a guy, you might fall in love with a girl, you might fall in love with simply a human... it is much more important to be able to have a healthy relationship. Just be open, and you will find out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending