The Student Room Group

Confused at whether I'm a lesbian these days

I always used to think I was a lesbian but lately I've started liking boys as well, there are some days where I just want to be with a girl but then others I really want to be with a boy, I just don't know what I am anymore, I think I've lost myself, anyone else ever feel lost?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I always used to think I was a lesbian but lately I've started liking boys as well, there are some days where I just want to be with a girl but then others I really want to be with a boy, I just don't know what I am anymore, I think I've lost myself, anyone else ever feel lost?

Does it really matter who you want to be with?
You could always be bisexual, but there's no need to label yourself if you're still figuring it out. Do whatever makes you comfortable.
Original post by Anonymous #1

i thought i was a lesbian for a couple years too but i've slowly accepted that i am bisexual. i'm not saying that being a lesbian is just a stepping stone for bisexuality or vise versa, but sexuality is fluid and tends to change, especially when we're in our teenage years (assuming youre a teenager lol).

it's not like this for everyone but im confident in my attraction to people that i can split it and label it. i find that out of the people who i'm attracted to, 90% are women and people outside the gender binary and 10% are men.

took me until i got out of high school to realise that i actually am somewhat attracted to men, instead of it just being comp-het crushes on celebrities and fictional characters. plus, teenage boys are absolutely disgusting tbh. so many of them are horrible, i dont blame myself for thinking i could ever be attracted to men.

don't rush to label yourself !!! labels aren't comfortable for everyone, you can just say you're gay or queer as an umbrella term, or sapphic, and keep the exact details of who you're attracted to, to yourself !!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
i thought i was a lesbian for a couple years too but i've slowly accepted that i am bisexual. i'm not saying that being a lesbian is just a stepping stone for bisexuality or vise versa, but sexuality is fluid and tends to change, especially when we're in our teenage years (assuming youre a teenager lol).

it's not like this for everyone but im confident in my attraction to people that i can split it and label it. i find that out of the people who i'm attracted to, 90% are women and people outside the gender binary and 10% are men.

took me until i got out of high school to realise that i actually am somewhat attracted to men, instead of it just being comp-het crushes on celebrities and fictional characters. plus, teenage boys are absolutely disgusting tbh. so many of them are horrible, i dont blame myself for thinking i could ever be attracted to men.

don't rush to label yourself !!! labels aren't comfortable for everyone, you can just say you're gay or queer as an umbrella term, or sapphic, and keep the exact details of who you're attracted to, to yourself !!!!

I am 18, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending