The Student Room Group

bad cambridge econs interview

i genuinely feel like an idiot, i felt like i needed too much guidance at times. i have just solved one of the problems i got given in the interview at home, and i feel like i should have got that.

i was just so nervous and my mind was all over the place i could not perform my best. nothing i prepared was asked either, it was all just economics mathsy problems, not even game theory which i prepared. i tried to prepare as wide an amount of things i could eg personal statement, mock interview with an article, but the pre-interview reading was just problems, which were unfamiliar and that threw me off

sorry for the rant i just feel like all my hard work was for nothing.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
i genuinely feel like an idiot, i felt like i needed too much guidance at times. i have just solved one of the problems i got given in the interview at home, and i feel like i should have got that.

i was just so nervous and my mind was all over the place i could not perform my best. nothing i prepared was asked either, it was all just economics mathsy problems, not even game theory which i prepared. i tried to prepare as wide an amount of things i could eg personal statement, mock interview with an article, but the pre-interview reading was just problems, which were unfamiliar and that threw me off

What college was this for
Reply 2
Original post by Faeez
What college was this for

selwyn
Original post by Anonymous #1

Really sorry to hear that, you must be feeling a bit down. But remember that your perception of it might not be the same as what the interviewers gained from it all, so it's really just a case of waiting and seeing now. No point beating yourself up over it between now and the results. Focus on your other applications and unis, because the world is a bigger place than just one college in Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending