The Student Room Group

Personal statement: Biological sciences

Hi there, would anyone know if I would still be able to apply to things like biomed/biochem/biology if my personal statement is based on biological sciences?
Thank you!
Often life science courses share a common first year which would let you switch between courses easily.

That information should be available on the university website.
Original post by PQ
Often life science courses share a common first year which would let you switch between courses easily.

That information should be available on the university website.

Hi there, so would I still be able to apply just as it is or do I have to mention my intentions of switching in my statement?
Original post by rectangular-road
Hi there, would anyone know if I would still be able to apply to things like biomed/biochem/biology if my personal statement is based on biological sciences?
Thank you!

Hi, I did the exact same. I had a very vague ‘science’ personal statement- mentioning lab work analysing and the human body. I applied for biomed biochem and biology and got offers from each!
Original post by curiousgeorge12
Hi, I did the exact same. I had a very vague ‘science’ personal statement- mentioning lab work analysing and the human body. I applied for biomed biochem and biology and got offers from each!

OK that's reassuring so thanks for that. Did you get offers from Russel group unis?
Original post by rectangular-road

OK that's reassuring so thanks for that. Did you get offers from Russel group unis?

Yes i applied for Sheffield Cardiff Nottingham reading and Bristol ( just waiting for Bristol but have offers from all of these )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending