The Student Room Group

University of Bristol v Manchester v Sheffield (Mechanical Engineering)

I'm an international student, and have received offers from all three to study Mechanical Engineering. The factors I'm mainly considering are student life, course quality, quality of facilities and job opportunities. While researching, I found pros and cons to each university and got a bit confused. So I'm just looking for different perspectives, from native students as well as internationals, on which university would be the best option considering that I also wish to work in the UK after university.
Original post by sharavanand
I'm an international student, and have received offers from all three to study Mechanical Engineering. The factors I'm mainly considering are student life, course quality, quality of facilities and job opportunities. While researching, I found pros and cons to each university and got a bit confused. So I'm just looking for different perspectives, from native students as well as internationals, on which university would be the best option considering that I also wish to work in the UK after university.

Is this for undergraduate or postgraduate?

Also, it's going to be quite difficult to work in the UK immediately after graduation.
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Is this for undergraduate or postgraduate?

Also, it's going to be quite difficult to work in the UK immediately after graduation.

This is for undergraduate. Could you elaborate on why it would be difficult to work in the UK after graduation?
This is for undergraduate. Could you elaborate on why it would be difficult to work in the UK after graduation?

Due to visa requirements basically, so I'd also consider which university is best for working in your home country (they're all essentially the same for the UK).

Hiya,

Congratulations on your offers! Currently, I am a second year student at the University of Sheffield so I hope I can clear up some of your doubts. In terms of student life, the university is a city campus which means the buildings are intertwined into the city. This means that you are constantly amongst other students so it feels more safer and makes the transition into uni life more manageable. The university itself has great engineering facilities with buildings like the Diamond and the Heartspace with a lot of opportunities to expand your course knowledge into practicality. For more information, you can visit on our website https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/engineering.

Let me know if I can help with any more questions,
Jivanthika

Quick Reply

Latest