The Student Room Group

Should I do an EPQ?

I would really like to apply to Cambridge, so obviously my application has to be super strong. I really don't like extensive coursework and I don't really want to do an EPQ because I already do loads of 'super-curriculars' and don't want to risk my grades.
So would it be worth it?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by violentdelight s
I would really like to apply to Cambridge, so obviously my application has to be super strong. I really don't like extensive coursework and I don't really want to do an EPQ because I already do loads of 'super-curriculars' and don't want to risk my grades.
So would it be worth it?

It really depends from person-to-person. As someone who has researched this a bit too rigorously, if the ‘super-curriculars’ you currently do are extremely time-consuming then it may be best not to do an EPQ. Whilst it does carry UCAS points, Russel Group Universities such as Cambridge receive thousands of applications with extremely high UCAS points so if you believe you can achieve atleast 2 A*s with the A-Levels you’ve chosen then those outside of school activities can be a great help in boosting your application. I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest