The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

ARU med interview

Anyone who's done the interview for ARU, how did it go?
Original post by _.an3
Anyone who's done the interview for ARU, how did it go?

Hello, I’m a second year medical student at ARU. First of all, well done on your invitation to an interview! My experience of the interview was on the whole positive. I enjoyed that it was an MMI as one station didn’t go exactly to plan but as you have to move to the next one straight after, it was a lot easier to clear my mind and start fresh as the next station you have a completely new interviewer. I prepped by using free online resources such as the med portal and also the information based on the ARU website. I asked family and friends to go through various scenarios with me and asked them to question me, my qualities and why I wanted to be a doctor. My top tips are to remember that each station is new and marked independently so don’t let one stations performance affect you, practice but don’t memories your answers word to word as you don’t want to sound robotic, and finally remember you are essentially showing them why you would make a good medical student and future doctor, so be confident in your abilities as they’ve gotten you an interview 🙂 best of luck!
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending