The Student Room Group

GCSE English Speech Topics

I have to do a speech in front of my class after Christmas. Confidence is a big thing for me and I am trying to chose a topic that will help me do the best. I have seen people go down two routes. 1 = funny. 2 = serious. In my class I am not the funny person however in my friend group I am. I worry about not being able to pull off a light hearted speech. I enjoy history and was thinking about doing a topic on the witches. But then maybe a funny one on pigeons? I really don’t know. Help would be appreciated :smile:
I think doing a comedic speech can be challenging to pull off if you are not a confident speaker unless you can use it to hide behind a persona. I personally would do the speech on witches as you can get away with being singularly dull sounding as the topic is somewhat interesting. Also you can add the odd joke to it to break tension if you want a mixture of the two.
Original post by FrenchFencer
I think doing a comedic speech can be challenging to pull off if you are not a confident speaker unless you can use it to hide behind a persona. I personally would do the speech on witches as you can get away with being singularly dull sounding as the topic is somewhat interesting. Also you can add the odd joke to it to break tension if you want a mixture of the two.

okay thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest