The Student Room Group

Work experience/grades for a Solicitor Apprenticeship Law

I am planning on applying for a solicitor apprenticeship next year at some London firms and am wondering if any current solicitor apprentices have any advice on what they did to prepare for applying and what they put on their application? (e.g. work experience, skills, super curriculars, etc.) Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Reply 1
Original post by lawofducks123
I am planning on applying for a solicitor apprenticeship next year at some London firms and am wondering if any current solicitor apprentices have any advice on what they did to prepare for applying and what they put on their application? (e.g. work experience, skills, super curriculars, etc.) Any advice would be much appreciated!!

I'm applying this year, there is so much advice on platforms such as tiktok by current apprentices !
Reply 2
Original post by lawofducks123

Hey!

Although I do not have a solicitor apprenticeship, I believe that what is important is to understand the role of a solicitor and to show you have an interest in the firm and for a career in the city. For your interest in the firm, do research on what sets the firm apart from others. Is there a specific practice area that attracts you? Has the firm worked on a recent deal that you found interesting? Link these back to your own experiences and motivations.

Regarding the research on what trainees do, you could try to have a look at the "Training Contract Handbook" offered by City Career Series, which analyses common tasks that trainees do such as due diligence, doc review, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending