The Student Room Group

UCAS - Law entry requirements

Hi there guys,
I am an A level student who is currently doing a gap year and resitting 2 of my A levels. My GCSE grades for English were 99 and for Mathematics it was a 4. For my writing subjects in GCSES I got 8s and a 7. I am a little concerned as one of the unis I am applying for as they need a minimum grade 5 for Maths. I am only applying for one russel group uni. They also require high LNAT scores, so I've been working really hard on revising for my LNAT as a lot of their offers are based on the LNAT. I really need some advice on what to do and whether I should email them. Also will they take into account that I'm a resit student?
Ask them about the GCSE maths grade and the AL retakes before applying. Retakes will probably be fine but the Maths grade could be an issue.
Reply 2
Thank you! Last year after I sat my LNAT, I did email them regarding my maths grade and some other circumstances and they said that they take everything to account. They said that it was my LNAT score which let me down. That's why I have been really focusing on my LNAT.
That’s more promising than a definite no then.

NB. From this year there is a section in the reference for your ref to cover any mitigating circumstances.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
That’s more promising than a definite no then.

NB. From this year there is a section in the reference for your ref to cover any mitigating circumstances.

This is what I am worried about. I am resitting as an independent and private candidate. So does my centre write my reference for me?
Original post by samirahk2004
This is what I am worried about. I am resitting as an independent and private candidate. So does my centre write my reference for me?

No, whoever you nominate as your ref.
Reply 6
So does that have to be a teacher or tutor?
Original post by samirahk2004
So does that have to be a teacher or tutor?

It could be either, just someone familiar with your academic work. There is some guidance here:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
It could be either, just someone familiar with your academic work. There is some guidance here:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending