The Student Room Group

Applying for Qmul law

Hi
I got an A*AB in my A levels and want to study law at qmul. I qualify for a contextual offer of AAA so just wanted to know if I would be accepted or if anyone's been accepted with an A*AB as they have the same ucas points.
Reply 1
best thing you can do is email Qmul and see if they're likely to accept you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by aloevera4
best thing you can do is email Qmul and see if they're likely to accept you :smile:

They've just said they're not sure as the admission people look at applications below requirement differently:/
Reply 3
Original post by dioo1
They've just said they're not sure as the admission people look at applications below requirement differently:/

hm that's annoying - i would've though the A* would have 'cancelled out' the B. still, i hope you're not upset with your A Level results since they are amazing!!
what i would suggest is just taking the risk. you will be thinking 'what if' about Qmul if you don't apply. remember, you've still got another 4 universities, too. apply and see what happens - don't have any regrets!!
Original post by dioo1
Hi
I got an A*AB in my A levels and want to study law at qmul. I qualify for a contextual offer of AAA so just wanted to know if I would be accepted or if anyone's been accepted with an A*AB as they have the same ucas points.

Sadly, that's technically under the entry requirements, the A* doesn't necessarily compensate for the B, and I see that the admissions department gave you a somewhat unhelpful answer :frown: They didn't say no, however Queen Mary does have a pretty respected law school and the university as a whole has been raising the entry requirements so I don't think you're likely to get an offer... but I don't actually know.

If you want to risk it... go for it. It's only one choice out of five. This can be your "aspirational" choice, if you will. I'd advice that the other universities you apply to have entry requirements that you actually meet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending