The Student Room Group

***quick response please art gcse****

My art gcse theme this year is old and new. For my final piece my idea was to paint a big realistic heart. I chose it because when I thought about old and new I thought about life and people(as in old people and babies) and thought a human heart could represent this. However, when the examiner see this, I do not think that they will be able to link the heart with old and new straight away. Will i lose marks for this and should I still use the idea? Also, any other final piece ideas would be appreciated! Thank you.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Eyebrow
My art gcse theme this year is old and new. For my final piece my idea was to paint a big realistic heart. I chose it because when I thought about old and new I thought about life and people(as in old people and babies) and thought a human heart could represent this. However, when the examiner see this, I do not think that they will be able to link the heart with old and new straight away. Will i lose marks for this and should I still use the idea? Also, any other final piece ideas would be appreciated! Thank you.

Could you make the connection between the heart and the theme more obvious? Perhaps by painting two hearts, a small health-looking one (a baby's) and a scarred, tired, unhealthy-looking adult one? Or perhaps just one heart, but with the left looking old and the right looking new?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Could you make the connection between the heart and the theme more obvious? Perhaps by painting two hearts, a small health-looking one (a baby's) and a scarred, tired, unhealthy-looking adult one? Or perhaps just one heart, but with the left looking old and the right looking new?

I think I might do that, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending