The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for reapplicant

Do I have to change my personal statement? I have a personal statement that got me full offers from UCL/Oxford, I feel secure in it and hence don't want to start a new one completely other than make changes showing my growth.
Original post by sanwwio
Do I have to change my personal statement? I have a personal statement that got me full offers from UCL/Oxford, I feel secure in it and hence don't want to start a new one completely other than make changes showing my growth.

You don’t HAVE to change it but there should be things to talk about that you have been doing/studying/enjoying relating to your chosen degree subject in an entire year.

It’s impossible to say whether your chosen universities will have your previous personal statement kept on file. Where I work all PSs are displayed to staff on all applications so a lack of amendments/updates would be glaringly obvious.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don’t HAVE to change it but there should be things to talk about that you have been doing/studying/enjoying relating to your chosen degree subject in an entire year.

It’s impossible to say whether your chosen universities will have your previous personal statement kept on file. Where I work all PSs are displayed to staff on all applications so a lack of amendments/updates would be glaringly obvious.

There is stuff I want to talk about, but since I feel like I have a solid personal statement that got me in last year, I'm scared making a change and not getting in for some reason will lead me to blame it on that. Since I'm doing English Literature it's not just what I say it's how I say it which takes more effort and I have to be more careful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending