The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick computer science offers

Just wondering how long it takes for Warwick to give out offers for computer science (g400) , since I sent in my application in october but I haven't heard back in a while. I've heard other people have already gotten offers for it and I'm a little worried

Also do you know how Warwick sends out offers? Do they bother checking personal statements or is it if you hit the grade requirements you're in?
Reply 1
I think Warwick looks at predicted grades and past performance
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Sribha
I think Warwick looks at predicted grades and past performance

do they not bother with personal statement then? because i've got more than the entry requirement grades and i'm stressing a little
Reply 3
Original post by bears15
do they not bother with personal statement then? because i've got more than the entry requirement grades and i'm stressing a little

I am not sure about that. But please wait, as most of their offers will be sent out in Feb. My friend who had attended the open day at Warwick had mentioned that they mainly look for predicted grades and past performance.
Reply 4
What does past performance means?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Update: nearing the end of February and still haven't heard back from Warwick yet. Should I be worried? Would emailing the admissions team be too much?
Reply 6
Original post by bears15
Update: nearing the end of February and still haven't heard back from Warwick yet. Should I be worried? Would emailing the admissions team be too much?
yeah its probably a bit much, i'd just wait for the offer, good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by bears15
Just wondering how long it takes for Warwick to give out offers for computer science (g400) , since I sent in my application in october but I haven't heard back in a while. I've heard other people have already gotten offers for it and I'm a little worried

Also do you know how Warwick sends out offers? Do they bother checking personal statements or is it if you hit the grade requirements you're in?
I sent my application in early October and received an offer yesterday!
Original post by Jeffxry1
if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats
Reply 9
Original post by Jeffxry1
Congratulations, that's amazing! I still haven't head back yet :s-smilie:
Could I ask where else you applied?
Original post by Anonymous #1
if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats
No not the absolute strongest but at GCSE I had 4 9s 4 8s and a 7. Predicted grades were A* A* A ( further maths, maths and physics respectively)
Original post by bears15
Congratulations, that's amazing! I still haven't head back yet :s-smilie:
Could I ask where else you applied?

thank you! I also applied to Cambridge, uni of birmingham, uni of Sheffield and Imperial. However I got rejected from Cambridge and haven’t heard anything from imperial. Got offers from Birmingham and Sheffield though as well.

Quick Reply

Latest