The Student Room Group

confiscated oyster

Hi,
I was recently caught with my sisters oyster on national rail transport. I am 15 so was let off with a warning, but they took my sisters oyster and they said I could 'appeal' but idk how to do that. Does anyone have any idea how I can ask for it back?
Reply 1
Original post by mnmkj
Hi,
I was recently caught with my sisters oyster on national rail transport. I am 15 so was let off with a warning, but they took my sisters oyster and they said I could 'appeal' but idk how to do that. Does anyone have any idea how I can ask for it back?

If you only received a warning then I'm not sure what benefit there would be to appealing. On what grounds would you appeal anyway?

The Oyster card wasn't yours, so they're not going to give it back to you. You were caught misusing it; if they give it back why would they believe you won't misuse it again?

I think it's most likely they'll return it to your sister in the post with a warning that she is not to allow others to use it.
Reply 2
I agree. As the Oyster card belongs to your sister, the appropriate action would be for Transport for London (TfL) to return it to her, potentially with a warning regarding its proper usage.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest