The Student Room Group

Moving across the country while in university?

I'm in second year of a 4 year course (with a placement year) and I have a child, so it's pretty impossible to get student accommodation, so I'm living with family at the moment. I've had a really hard time mentally with living with family as a parent in university, and I'm thinking about moving to somewhere cheaper where I can afford to rent a space for me and my child. Unfortunately, that means moving very far from my university in London, and I can't find another university that does the exact/similar enough course/modules that I am taking, and I'm not willing to start over a whole new course somewhere else. I think I could manage as my university doesn't take attendance, lectures are recorded and posted online, and I could come back to stay with family during exams and when I really need to be there in person. To be clear, I'm not set on moving far away, but it seems like an option if I can figure out the university side of things. Has anyone moved while in university, or managed to transfer universities before? I could do with some other's experiences and advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending