The Student Room Group

Is law useful for international relations?

The country I live in has very few options for as level subjects, I’m thinking of doing maths, history, economics and either law or travel and tourism, which between the two which one would help me the most in getting accepted for international relations in university ?
Original post by Nissarsuhaila
The country I live in has very few options for as level subjects, I’m thinking of doing maths, history, economics and either law or travel and tourism, which between the two which one would help me the most in getting accepted for international relations in university ?

It depends on which country that you want to do your degree in.

If it's at a UK university, the universities won't care which subjects you do so long you have the right grades in your subjects. They also will be asking for 3 A Levels, not 4.
If you're asking between law and travel and tourism, which of the 2 is most relevant to IR then I would say law is, but it's not a fun subject according to people who done the A Level.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
It depends on which country that you want to do your degree in.

If it's at a UK university, the universities won't care which subjects you do so long you have the right grades in your subjects. They also will be asking for 3 A Levels, not 4.
If you're asking between law and travel and tourism, which of the 2 is most relevant to IR then I would say law is, but it's not a fun subject according to people who done the A Level.

Thank you so much! I have to do 4 because of my country’s requirements. I plan to study in South Korea, as there are a lot of scholarship opportunities, and I’ve emailed both universities in regards to doing travel and tourism, due to the fact that they don’t have almost any information in regards to Cambridge education. I wanted to do travel and tourism because of how bad I heard law is, but if it comes to be I’ll just do law as my fourth. Thank you so much for the help though !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending