The Student Room Group

Should I drop biology A level?

I need 3 A’s to get into university for my course and currently doing A level history, psychology, biology and welsh bacc. I want to drop biology cuz I got a D in it in year 12 and it’s very unlikely I’ll get an A this year. One teacher is telling me to drop it as I’m not going to get an A and I’ll have more time to focus on my other subjects which I have more of a chance of getting an A. My biology teacher is telling me not to drop it as it’s still useful to have even if i don’t get an A in it as it’ll count towards ucas points but my course requires grades anyway. What should I do?
Reply 1
Im assuming you are in year 13. If you need THREE A's to get on your course, and you are worried that you might not get 3 A's, i suppose there are 2 things you can do. You can drop biology and you DEFINITELY won't get 3 A's. Or you can push on, put some work in and you have A CHANCE to get 3 A's. I suppose there is a bonus mystery 3rd option, where you don'd drop it, but don't try too hard in it and just see if you can at least pass. But there is time to turn this around. Don't lose hope and don't be disheartened by getting a B in year 12!!
im in a similar sitch as in i cant pass chem to save my life but the advice i got is that if the uni accepts welsh bacc as equiv to a alevel then you could def drop bio if thats what you think would be better but obviously if you carry on bio then make sure you get a A in bacc and the other 2 subjects and revise bio but put it on the back burner a bit hopefully now its been a bit of time since you posted hopefully everything as worked out for you

Quick Reply

Latest