The Student Room Group

failing in exams

ive always been great at school and am used to being at the very top, i could have easily got the top grade without trying much last yr but for the past 6 months I feel like ive been going downhill. I keep messing up in big exams and i dont understand why. i lost my passion for learning and im just rekindling it now. im going to uni next yr so i really need to sort it out before a-levels.
Original post by Nom7890
ive always been great at school and am used to being at the very top, i could have easily got the top grade without trying much last yr but for the past 6 months I feel like ive been going downhill. I keep messing up in big exams and i dont understand why. i lost my passion for learning and im just rekindling it now. im going to uni next yr so i really need to sort it out before a-levels.

general life gets in the way and you find you cannot perform mentality as well you used to.

First you need to find out why this is happening - so ask yourself

is there a new stress in life (family/friends)

have you started a new relationship?

Are you comparing yourself to others?

Once you know these answers and uve given yourself the clear, then its time to focus on getting back on track

One the first things to do is get/find a hobby, second thing, look into daily exercise and or walking, thirdly, look at what you are eating, aim for fulfiling healthy meals.

Lastly, slowly find your passion again, dont throw yourself in deep end, invest an hour studying daily and build it up from there.
Reply 2
Original post by NKNK12
general life gets in the way and you find you cannot perform mentality as well you used to.

First you need to find out why this is happening - so ask yourself

is there a new stress in life (family/friends)

have you started a new relationship?

Are you comparing yourself to others?

Once you know these answers and uve given yourself the clear, then its time to focus on getting back on track

One the first things to do is get/find a hobby, second thing, look into daily exercise and or walking, thirdly, look at what you are eating, aim for fulfiling healthy meals.

Lastly, slowly find your passion again, dont throw yourself in deep end, invest an hour studying daily and build it up from there.

thank you
probably others around you have started actually trying and so are doing better than you now
Original post by Nom7890
thank you

you are more than welcome, and i really do hope you find your mojo again

Best of luck in your future education.

Quick Reply

Latest