The Student Room Group

theory test (mistake)

Guys, i’ve got my theory booked in for the 15th of August.

On my provisional license i’ve got my old address that i’ve moved away from recently, and i haven’t had time to change it to my new one which i have used on my theory booking. The reason as to why I haven’t been able to update it on my provisional license is that I’ve had a housing issue, and haven’t had a stabled home for a while.

So my question will it be a problem that my address on my provisional doesn’t match the address on the data base at the test centre ? Someone pls reply so i can put my mind at ease or at least do something before the test !! x
Original post by caaishae
Guys, i’ve got my theory booked in for the 15th of August.

On my provisional license i’ve got my old address that i’ve moved away from recently, and i haven’t had time to change it to my new one which i have used on my theory booking. The reason as to why I haven’t been able to update it on my provisional license is that I’ve had a housing issue, and haven’t had a stabled home for a while.

So my question will it be a problem that my address on my provisional doesn’t match the address on the data base at the test centre ? Someone pls reply so i can put my mind at ease or at least do something before the test !! x

As it's just your theory test, I doubt it'll be an issue. However, I assume you're aware that you can receive a fine of up to £1,000 for not having updated the address on your driving license?

When did you book your theory test (which you said you've done using your new address)? You can update the address on-line, for free. However, it'll probably take about two weeks for your new license to arrive. This is dangerously close to your theory test data. Do ensure you update it as soon as you've done the theory test though.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
As it's just your theory test, I doubt it'll be an issue. However, I assume you're aware that you can receive a fine of up to £1,000 for not having updated the address on your driving license?

When did you book your theory test (which you said you've done using your new address)? You can update the address on-line, for free. However, it'll probably take about two weeks for your new license to arrive. This is dangerously close to your theory test data. Do ensure you update it as soon as you've done the theory test though.

would i still be able to sit the test even tho the address on the data is different to my provisionals ?

I know !!! i should have changed it as soon as i moved in the house but my housing situation has been so rocky all year long so i had no choice but to keep my old address on my provisional license as i had no place to stay. But i have, however requested for a new one as my housing situation has been sorted.
would i still be able to sit the test even tho the address on the data is different to my provisionals ?

Yes.
I know !!! i should have changed it as soon as i moved in the house but my housing situation has been so rocky all year long so i had no choice but to keep my old address on my provisional license as i had no place to stay. But i have, however requested for a new one as my housing situation has been sorted.

OK. Great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending