The Student Room Group

GMC UK Acceptance for Internships

I am currently in the process of applying for med school in Georgia for 6 years which includes 1 year internship. My plan is to clear PLAB and get license from uk. However I have come to know that a lot of internships get rejected as they do not fulfill the 3 month internal medicine and surgery criteria or enough clinical exposure etc etc. Can anyone currently studying in Georgia or an alumni confirm if their 1 year internship is equivalent to FY1 from UK. Also do they provide internship certification separately with the duration and rotations mentioned clearly?? ( im interested in University of Georgia
Original post by littlebird101
I am currently in the process of applying for med school in Georgia for 6 years which includes 1 year internship. My plan is to clear PLAB and get license from uk. However I have come to know that a lot of internships get rejected as they do not fulfill the 3 month internal medicine and surgery criteria or enough clinical exposure etc etc. Can anyone currently studying in Georgia or an alumni confirm if their 1 year internship is equivalent to FY1 from UK. Also do they provide internship certification separately with the duration and rotations mentioned clearly?? ( im interested in University of Georgia

Hi, all the best for your Med school in Georgia. The internship from Georgia is not counted as FY1 from UK. You will have to do internship elsewhere or do the FY1 and FY2 in UK. The internship certification, not sure if it is provided separately, even then it will not help towards UK FY posts. Hope it helps.
Reply 2
hey, thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know the source of your information? Are you studying in Georgia or is it mentioned by GMC that the internship is not acceptable?
Original post by littlebird101
hey, thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know the source of your information? Are you studying in Georgia or is it mentioned by GMC that the internship is not acceptable?

I have checked it with colleague's children studying at TSMU. The best way to confirm is to email GMC.
Original post by Ahmedkhan12
I have checked it with colleague's children studying at TSMU. The best way to confirm is to email GMC.

Is TSMU recognized by the GMC please. Thinking of applying to 6 year MD programme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending