The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl or kings?

Kcl offer: political economy
Ucl offer: arts and sciences (societies major which is mix of economics, politics etc)

I care most about employability as i wish to get into finance. What do u think i should choose? Thank you
Reply 1
My son applied to both of the courses. I encouraged him to apply to them. I work at a major bank and he wants to do a career in finance. Both courses are great but there is limited awareness on Arts and Sciences course of UCL within Finance world. When did you apply to them and what were your predicted grades?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Yasos123
My son applied to both of the courses. I encouraged him to apply to them. I work at a major bank and he wants to do a career in finance. Both courses are great but there is limited awareness on Arts and Sciences course of UCL within Finance world. When did you apply to them and what were your predicted grades?

Ah which would you choose between the two? I’m leaning towards UCL as it is more reputable.

3A* predicted (maths econ politics) and applied late november
Reply 3
Original post by shujkdsf
Ah which would you choose between the two? I’m leaning towards UCL as it is more reputable.

3A* predicted (maths econ politics) and applied late november

I would also go for UCL due to reputation but you need to carefully choose the subjects that you will be studying. Probably societies major and engineering minor with lots of econ and maths courses would be bet. You also should enjoy studying a language during your studies. Are you home student and from state school or independent?
Reply 4
Original post by Yasos123
I would also go for UCL due to reputation but you need to carefully choose the subjects that you will be studying. Probably societies major and engineering minor with lots of econ and maths courses would be bet. You also should enjoy studying a language during your studies. Are you home student and from state school or independent?

Yes that is the plan! Thank u for ur help.
Im a home student at a state school :smile:
Anything is better than kcl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending