The Student Room Group

Uni of Leicester new Pharmacy course worth it?

Uni of Leicester have just introduced an MPharm course and I'm looking at applying as it's close to home and I'm not sure if I want to move away so gives me the choice. However this would be their first year of running the course and I'm not sure whether this would be a disadvantage compared to going somewhere well established with their course, or possibly an advantage as they could potentially put more effort in for the first years.
If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated!
Hi @xeleanorsmith

Whilst the Pharmacy course itself is brand new, the School of Healthcare at the University of Leicester has more than 40 years of experience & expertise in Health education. You will be taught by experienced pharmacists, many of whom have been involved in teaching elsewhere.

For the first three years, you will join other healthcare students from across the College of Life Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Radiography, Operating Department Practitioners) in a series of inter-professional teaching and learning sessions. Learning alongside other healthcare students is ideal preparation for the workplace environment.

During the course, you will develop your knowledge and skills through a mix of academic study and work-based learning. We believe that gaining practical, real-world experience is one of the best ways to develop the professional competencies demanded of a pharmacist. Starting in your first year, throughout the MPharm you will spend over 40 weeks on clinical placement in a wide range of settings.

If you have any further questions about the course, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here at Leicester - [email protected].

Sumayyah
UK Student Recruitment Assistant
Reply 2
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi @xeleanorsmith

Whilst the Pharmacy course itself is brand new, the School of Healthcare at the University of Leicester has more than 40 years of experience & expertise in Health education. You will be taught by experienced pharmacists, many of whom have been involved in teaching elsewhere.

For the first three years, you will join other healthcare students from across the College of Life Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Radiography, Operating Department Practitioners) in a series of inter-professional teaching and learning sessions. Learning alongside other healthcare students is ideal preparation for the workplace environment.

During the course, you will develop your knowledge and skills through a mix of academic study and work-based learning. We believe that gaining practical, real-world experience is one of the best ways to develop the professional competencies demanded of a pharmacist. Starting in your first year, throughout the MPharm you will spend over 40 weeks on clinical placement in a wide range of settings.

If you have any further questions about the course, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here at Leicester - [email protected].

Sumayyah
UK Student Recruitment Assistant

I already sent In my application and it’s been 14 days so apparently I cannot switch any of my choices.ucas advised to use the ucas extra since I didn’t apply to Leicester at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending