The Student Room Group

GCSE Music And Drama

I am in year 9 and currently choosing options, I would like to do Music And Drama (both separate subjects), but I am a largely academic person, who wants to go on to A levels and University Mathematics, or potentially go to Medical School.

Anyway, is doing 2 Arts for GCSE too much? I am going to do 2 other academic subjects with school (spanish and another), and potentially study Further Mathematics at home.
Original post by TheApollo4422
I am in year 9 and currently choosing options, I would like to do Music And Drama (both separate subjects), but I am a largely academic person, who wants to go on to A levels and University Mathematics, or potentially go to Medical School.

Anyway, is doing 2 Arts for GCSE too much? I am going to do 2 other academic subjects with school (spanish and another), and potentially study Further Mathematics at home.

I wouldn't say so, as universities pay much more attention to your A-level subjects. The academic subjects you need for medicine are compulsory at GCSE, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest