The Student Room Group

Is it normal to be lonely at 21?

I dont have many friends or anyone too talk to, its just boring. Is it normal at this age coz i saw somewhere that its true. But im also going uni in london which i thought would of had some social aspects.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by User1947393
I dont have many friends or anyone too talk to, its just boring. Is it normal at this age coz i saw somewhere that its true. But im also going uni in london which i thought would of had some social aspects.

I can relate. Ever since high school ended all my close friends and I drifted apart. I haven’t had a real friend in years. I am also 21, but I don’t start school until fall so maybe that will help? I still have issues making friends since I am awkward and have some social anxiety.
Btw I have not unlocked chat yet, if you’d like to send your socials in the chat so I can see it that would be great! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pink2002122
Btw I have not unlocked chat yet, if you’d like to send your socials in the chat so I can see it that would be great! :smile:

Yeah defo realvisual0
Reply 4
Original post by username6698911

Thats my insta btw i forgot to say sorry
Reply 5

Hey, which uni in London are you going to?
Reply 6
Original post by Korbh
Hey, which uni in London are you going to?

Greenwich, are u going uni too?
Reply 7
Greenwich, are u going uni too?

Yeah, I’m at LSE and I get you. I have a few friends but wanna make more
Reply 8
Original post by Korbh
Yeah, I’m at LSE and I get you. I have a few friends but wanna make more

U have insta? I put my insta up if u wanna chat and stuff.
Reply 9
hey, i kinda relate to this. i moved out from my hometown after my school and so did my friends. We all live in different cities and everyone's busy with their own schedule, there are times when I just don't feel like talking to anyone. Had bad experiences with friendship so now I'm always on alert. University gets v overwhelming after a point.

Quick Reply

Latest