The Student Room Group

Child of Migrant Worker age

Hello,

I currently get the EEA child of migrant worker maintenance loan. However, I am soon turning 21 and I am unsure what's going to happen next year. In order to receive the maintenance loan in this situation, do I need to prove my dependency on my parents next year? Or is it enough that I was under 21 on the first academic day of my course (1s year)?

And if I have to prove financial dependency, is proving that my dad pays for my student halls enough?

Thank you
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by szejmik
Hello,

I currently get the EEA child of migrant worker maintenance loan. However, I am soon turning 21 and I am unsure what's going to happen next year. In order to receive the maintenance loan in this situation, do I need to prove my dependency on my parents next year? Or is it enough that I was under 21 on the first academic day of my course (1s year)?

And if I have to prove financial dependency, is proving that my dad pays for my student halls enough?

Thank you

Hi there,

We don't normally ask for further evidence to show dependency as we normally do this based on your status on the first day of the first academic year of your course.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending