The Student Room Group

msc application - worst 30 credits

so im a final year undergrad student at ucl and im applying to imperial, ucl, and kings for msc. we're allowed to drop our worst 30 credits in year 1 and 2, so with that, im at 62.5%. when sending in your application though, you have to submit the full unedited transcript. there is a section where you can write down your grade without the worst 30 credits, but when looking at my full transcript, im at a 2.2 because i absolutely bombed my 30 credit module. do you think the universities im applying to will consider my grade a 2.2 and do you think my chances of getting in are slim? i do have pretty significant internship experience at a lab but im not sure if that'll be enough ://
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by pepero123
so im a final year undergrad student at ucl and im applying to imperial, ucl, and kings for msc. we're allowed to drop our worst 30 credits in year 1 and 2, so with that, im at 62.5%. when sending in your application though, you have to submit the full unedited transcript. there is a section where you can write down your grade without the worst 30 credits, but when looking at my full transcript, im at a 2.2 because i absolutely bombed my 30 credit module. do you think the universities im applying to will consider my grade a 2.2 and do you think my chances of getting in are slim? i do have pretty significant internship experience at a lab but im not sure if that'll be enough ://

Hello! 👋🏻

Some universities will accept a 2:2! 😅 They also will ask for your predicted grade so put down that your predicted grade is a 2:1 if this is what you will achieve when you drop the other credits.😌 Don't worry! Most universities will want the transcript after you have completed your degree to turn your conditional offer to an unconditional. Apply to whichever universities you want and just let them know your predicted grade! The worst they can say is no!!

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask more questions! 🙂

Hannah 🐄
De Montfort University Student Rep
Msc Psychological Wellbeing 🧠

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending