The Student Room Group

alevel sciences study plan

i need to take as and a2 for alevels at same times in y13, but i need aid in study plans and revision plans. if youve taken alevels and received your results, could you please tell?
Original post by studyincramped
i need to take as and a2 for alevels at same times in y13, but i need aid in study plans and revision plans. if youve taken alevels and received your results, could you please tell?

Hi @studyincramped,
The best advice I can give for revision plans is to do lots of short bursts of revision, rather than a few long bursts. For example, do say as revision for one subject, then another subject, then the next, followed by a break. After this, do say a2 revision for one subject, then another subject, then the next, followed by a break. Make these bursts 20-30 minutes or something else based on the task you set yourself (flashcards, mock test, etc). For your break have a snack or listen to music to reward yourself for all the hard work your doing. Personally, I adopted this strategy in Year 13 and it allowed me to keep focused and motivated at the same time. I think it may be worth you trying even if if it doesn't quite work for you, as it will allow you to figure out what does and doesn't suit your study style. Finally, make a chronological list of when your exam dates are so that you can prioritise revision and share out your time accordingly when creating your study plan.
Best of luck with your exams.
Megan
University of Lincoln Geography BSc (Hons) Graduate

Quick Reply

Latest