The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

How accurate is Uni of Birmingham offer calculator?

So I’m about to send off my UCAS on Monday and am a little unsure on what course to apply for at UoB. I’m stuck between Politics&Econ and PPE but the grades required are slightly different for each course so I decided to use the offer calculator. I used it once like a few months ago and it said ‘offer likely’ or something like that but I tried it a few minutes ago for both courses and it says ‘Tentative’ for each. What on earth does this mean?
Reply 1
Original post by AprilJune63
So I’m about to send off my UCAS on Monday and am a little unsure on what course to apply for at UoB. I’m stuck between Politics&Econ and PPE but the grades required are slightly different for each course so I decided to use the offer calculator. I used it once like a few months ago and it said ‘offer likely’ or something like that but I tried it a few minutes ago for both courses and it says ‘Tentative’ for each. What on earth does this mean?

Hiya,

I’d say it’s very accurate. i put in my predicted grades (AAC) for law which wanted AAA and it told me offer likely and i still received the full offer despite being below the asking point
I imagine they’ve switched to tentative now as the courses fill up, but if you get your form in soon I imagine you’d still have a chance - it’s just now that we are in the endgame for 2024 applications a lot of unis are filling fast - I applied in November which is probably why mine came back positively so fast
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Universities dont work in this way. They dont run out of offers. They have an agreement to equal consideration up to the deadline. This is part of their contract with ucas. Filling up vacancies has no impact. Most courses in most universities dont get filled by the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending