The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

De Montfort or Birmingham City University?

I recently got an unconditional offer for postgraduate study at the above Universities, My course for DMU is Design Innovation and Management and the BCU is User Experience Design. Which do you Advice I go for?
PS: I am an international*student
Original post by Anonymous #1
I recently got an unconditional offer for postgraduate study at the above Universities, My course for DMU is Design Innovation and Management and the BCU is User Experience Design. Which do you Advice I go for?
PS: I am an international*student

Hi!

It is great to hear that you have been offered a place to study with us!

Firstly, both of those courses sound very interesting. However, I assume that there may be some key differences between them. Making sure you have chosen the right course for you is the highest priority. If I were in your position, I would compare the two courses and decide which would fit and benefit me the best. For example, what opportunities will the course give me? What will I do after this course?

If you are an international student, you may not have had the opportunity to attend an open day and talk to your future lecturers or current students. Despite this, at BCU, we strongly encourage you to get in contact with us and ask to speak to the lecturers who may be teaching the course. You can find their names and pictures on the course page on our website. Click here.

Secondly, the campus. For your course, you will be studying on the City Centre campus in the middle of Birmingham City Centre. It is a great place to study with the latest technology. I personally study on the City South campus, but I would love to visit the City Centre campus when I can! BCU recently recieved GOLD for student experience, it is very important for BCU to make it's students happy and welcome.

Thirdly, The city of Birmingham. Birmingham is a very multicultural city and home to thousands of international students. There truly is something for everyone here. However, Leicester is not far off. It is slightly smaller than Birmingham, but it is still a lively and multicultural city.

I wish you all the best and good luck with your future studies! :smile:

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending