The Student Room Group

Withdraw

I recive a letter i been withdraw from university becsuse 3rd attempt for 1 module i didnt pass i submited that module and get 42 mark but the board team say i fail am not sure if they see the module because its re submission my question is can they withdraw you just for not passing 1 module and can i appeal
Reply 1
Yes, they can withdraw you if the unit is compulsory or core - departments have different specifications and criteria on this and it should be explained in detail, in both your notification letter and in your student handbook.

It is unlikely that you can appeal if this is an issue of academic judgement which is procedurally sound. Usually appeals hinge on one of the following issues: evidence of bias or discrimination in the marking; inadequate supervision (usually reserved for dissertation fails and PGR courses); administrative or procedural error. You should speak to your student union about this as a matter of haste. Your academic advisor will not usually be able to advise on this because it is most institutions class it as a conflict of interest.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending