The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from university

Hi hoping you can help I am wanting to withdraw from a health course which I am at university currently studying. I am aware student finance will need to be notified but with regards to "the last day of attendance" am I able to put that date as my last day of being on placement and not in university?
Placement is a massive part of this degree so if I was not able to put the last day of attendance being this as on placement and would have to use a date when I was actually in university there will be a massive time difference with this? Any advice would be appreciated 👏
Original post by susan84
Hi hoping you can help I am wanting to withdraw from a health course which I am at university currently studying. I am aware student finance will need to be notified but with regards to "the last day of attendance" am I able to put that date as my last day of being on placement and not in university?
Placement is a massive part of this degree so if I was not able to put the last day of attendance being this as on placement and would have to use a date when I was actually in university there will be a massive time difference with this? Any advice would be appreciated 👏

You will need to speak to your uni about this. Contact your course leader or personal tutor to discuss your options and timings. Consider if suspending your studies for a while might be a better option for you.

It is likely that you will be required to repay part of your January maintenance loan instalment if you withdraw part way through this term. It is calculated on a pro-rata basis. If you withdraw just before your next instalment is due to be paid, then you would not need to repay any of your maintenance loan at that point. Are you tied into an accommodation contract that you will need to make further payments to?

The information on the following link is worth a read:

https://www.ucas.com/finance/student-finance-england/suspending-or-withdrawing-your-full-time-studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending