The Student Room Group

Civil/Uniformed Services Offer Dilemma

Hello,
I've recently accepted a provisional offer of employment at a public service pending onboarding and vetting (16-24 weeks then until the rest of my cohort can start). In the past couple of days I've received an unexpected interview invite to a civil service department, which I wasn't expecting due to a feeling of impostors syndrome. I'm wondering if my interview goes well and I feel like this department is the right fit for me. Would I be able to withdraw my acceptance of my first offer? I did ask about rights of withdrawal during my interview at my interview for the first offer and how long it would take. I just wonder if it would be okay to withdraw or reconsider my previous offer. If any of you guys have been in a similar situation let me know how it turned out/how you decided.
Thanks and all the best to you all.
Original post by WinterSky12
Hello,
I've recently accepted a provisional offer of employment at a public service pending onboarding and vetting (16-24 weeks then until the rest of my cohort can start). In the past couple of days I've received an unexpected interview invite to a civil service department, which I wasn't expecting due to a feeling of impostors syndrome. I'm wondering if my interview goes well and I feel like this department is the right fit for me. Would I be able to withdraw my acceptance of my first offer? I did ask about rights of withdrawal during my interview at my interview for the first offer and how long it would take. I just wonder if it would be okay to withdraw or reconsider my previous offer. If any of you guys have been in a similar situation let me know how it turned out/how you decided.
Thanks and all the best to you all.

Hi, I could be wrong but as far as I'm aware, you can withdraw your acceptance of your provisional offer without any issue. I'm not sure, though, if that would still be the case once you'd accept a formal offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending