The Student Room Group

Can i drop fourth aklevel if i got an offer for only three

Hi I recently got an offer for natsci at Cambridge. The offer is three subjects bio chem maths and doesn't mention my fourth (Spanish my school said thanish). I want to drop Spanish as its not needed but my school said Cambridge might have an underlying expectation for me to keep it so I shouldn't. Can anyone help, do you think my school is wrong?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Student267
Hi I recently got an offer for natsci at Cambridge. The offer is three subjects bio chem maths and doesn't mention my fourth (Spanish my school said thanish). I want to drop Spanish as its not needed but my school said Cambridge might have an underlying expectation for me to keep it so I shouldn't. Can anyone help, do you think my school is wrong?

Your school is absolutely right. You must check with Cambridge before dropping the fourth A level. Even though they haven't specified a grade requirement, you told them you'd be doing it so you need to tell them if that might change.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Your school is absolutely right. You must check with Cambridge before dropping the fourth A level. Even though they haven't specified a grade requirement, you told them you'd be doing it so you need to tell them if that might change.

Thankyou so much, do you think I should email them or my teacher ?
Original post by Student267
Thankyou so much, do you think I should email them or my teacher ?

I think you should.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending