The Student Room Group

Darwin Trust PhD studentship procedure and decision time?!

Good evening everyone, I am a Phd candidate for the university of Edinburgh.
I submitted my application for the Darwin Trust PhD studentship on the beginning of this month and I have some questions about the procedure and the time it takes to get a decision or an answer from the trusteers.
Furthermore, since the studentship pays for the costs of the visa application, I would like to know when would be the best time to apply for the student visa.
PS: I think it would be best to wait for a decision from the scholarship before doing the visa application, but as I'm very naive because this is my first PhD application, I'm always full of doubts.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi, have you heard from the Darwin Trust Committee regarding interviews? :frown:
No, even my supervisor didn't receive the shortlist from the Darwin Trust Board..
Reply 3
Original post by joao.pereira
No, even my supervisor didn't receive the shortlist from the Darwin Trust Board..
Hi, I received an update today that they are still finalizing the shortlist. They said that it is anticipated to by finished by this week, and that they would inform all applicants of the decision. Let's hope for the best!
Reply 4
Hi, any news on your end. I think they're starting to inform people, and I might just be on the waiting list...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending