The Student Room Group

References- Pre-Employment Checks

Hi,

I have received a provisional offer for an EO position within the Home Office. I am filling the pre-employment checks and seem to need 3 referees.

Firstly, I only have two I can think of. Would it be ok if I put two referee names and for the third referee, I just put N/A? Would this go through?

Secondly, I would rather my referees not be contacted. If in the section 'do you consent to your referees being contacted' I put no, would this turn out to be a problem? Why do they seem to suggest you have the option?

I'd be so grateful if anyone had an answer to these :smile:

Thanks
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Cookie.Stars
Hi,

I have received a provisional offer for an EO position within the Home Office. I am filling the pre-employment checks and seem to need 3 referees.

Firstly, I only have two I can think of. Would it be ok if I put two referee names and for the third referee, I just put N/A? Would this go through?

Secondly, I would rather my referees not be contacted. If in the section 'do you consent to your referees being contacted' I put no, would this turn out to be a problem? Why do they seem to suggest you have the option?

I'd be so grateful if anyone had an answer to these :smile:

Thanks

I believe that option is put there for this very reason, some don't want their employer to know until the job is confirmed.
As for the references, chances are it will bounce back. Are they all employment references? Can you even use a second manager/supervisor in the same place?

The one I did they asked for 2 employment references then 1 counter signature
Reply 2
Thanks for the info JD.. No, 1 is employment (or volunteering), 1 is academic and the other is personal. I am just not really wanting my old lecturer to receive a reference request as I haven't pre-warned them..

I hope it will go through ok!
Original post by JDSensations
I believe that option is put there for this very reason, some don't want their employer to know until the job is confirmed.
As for the references, chances are it will bounce back. Are they all employment references? Can you even use a second manager/supervisor in the same place?

The one I did they asked for 2 employment references then 1 counter signature
Original post by Cookie.Stars
Thanks for the info JD.. No, 1 is employment (or volunteering), 1 is academic and the other is personal. I am just not really wanting my old lecturer to receive a reference request as I haven't pre-warned them..

I hope it will go through ok!

Ah got ya. I'm sure they'd be ok and probably get this on a regular basis. As far as I know they just ask to confirm you were there for that period of time and very little else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending