The Student Room Group
University of York
York

What is the most social accommodation at the Uni of York?

Received an offer earlier and might accept it as it was my highest, most achievable university. I’m a pretty social person and was therefore wondering what colleges are most generally known to be social accoms with stuff like parties and events going on? I can’t seem to find a whole lot about it on here so thought I’d ask.
Original post by AprilJune63
Received an offer earlier and might accept it as it was my highest, most achievable university. I’m a pretty social person and was therefore wondering what colleges are most generally known to be social accoms with stuff like parties and events going on? I can’t seem to find a whole lot about it on here so thought I’d ask.

Hi,

Congrats on your offer! All our colleges have a real mix of people and hold lots of socials, mixers, events etc. Each college has its own common room and most colleges have cafes and/or bars so there are social spaces all over campus. In Freshers' Week, all colleges run their own events and have a full schedule of different things going on, so it's hard to say which one is more social. 🙂
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by AprilJune63

On West, Derwent and James have more of a reputation for partying and social lives since they have a big sports scene 🙂
I'd say that overall campus west is a lot more social than east, and on west Derwent definitely has the reputation for being the most social, and Alcuin as the least social. I think on east that Langwith has the best repuation, but its hard to say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending