The Student Room Group

nissan engineering degree apprenticeship

hi all, does anyone know what a skills test is? what kinds of things will they ask, and how long would the test last for?

Scroll to see replies

I have one in 2 weeks. Have you had yours?
Reply 2
Original post by abdulsiddiq

they havent given a specific date yet. do u have any idea of what questions they might ask?
Original post by taromuncher
they havent given a specific date yet. do u have any idea of what questions they might ask?

It is a practical skills test isn’t it?
Reply 4
It is a practical skills test isn’t it?

ahhh okay
You been given a date yet?
Reply 6

not yet, they said they would email me within the next few weeks
Reply 7
just got an email today, mines is on the 20th of march. I’m not sure if I will go though because it is around 6 hours away.
Hi guys, I also have the test on the 20th of march.
just got an email today, mines is on the 20th of march. I’m not sure if I will go though because it is around 6 hours away.
Mine is also about 6 hours away, coming from Banbury, Oxfordshire. I booked a train that will take me in 5h 48min
Hi Abdulsiddiq, Ramadan Mubarak. what was your practical test like?
Original post by Zen Alseed
Mine is also about 6 hours away, coming from Banbury, Oxfordshire. I booked a train that will take me in 5h 48min
I see, best wishes for your practical test. I’ve decided not to go!
I see, best wishes for your practical test. I’ve decided not to go!
It would have been nice to meet you there, best of luck with your career plan.
It’s on circuits bro.
It’s on circuits bro.
Thanks brother, appreciated. was it any difficult?
It was a bit technical to be honest bro. Now I remember it wasn’t really a circuit. It was more putting together a mechanism and some wiring
It was a bit technical to be honest bro. Now I remember it wasn’t really a circuit. It was more putting together a mechanism and some wiring
I was studying circuits and breadboards all yesterday :frown: , so there is nothing I can do to prepare for it?
You’ll see what I mean when you’re there. It’s basically a board and at the start some guy will show you the board. It’s made up of some parts, washers, and wires. Then you go to your seats and put the mechanism together. They give you a diagram but it’s ****. But for the wires you just wrap it round the bare metal bit.
You’ll see what I mean when you’re there. It’s basically a board and at the start some guy will show you the board. It’s made up of some parts, washers, and wires. Then you go to your seats and put the mechanism together. They give you a diagram but it’s ****. But for the wires you just wrap it round the bare metal bit.

Have you heard back from them yet ?
Original post by Zen Al Saied
Have you heard back from them yet ?

Nah did you do the test? Did you finish it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending