The Student Room Group

BAE systems degree apprenticeships September 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
has anyone heard anything from barrow apprenticeships ?
anybody hear anything for air space engineering degree apprenticeship in alton
Original post by Njjones1
Anybody have any interviews set for Christchurch? Feel lack of response at this stage not exactly a great sign.
Yep was a bad sign. Oh well 😞
I’ve just received a rejection email for Finance at Barrow, but they have invited me for an interview for a project management position, I have 24 hours to respond but I’m not sure if I should go for it as I don’t really have an interest in that sector and I’m not sure what it is. Any suggestions?
Original post by Elephantspray13
I’ve just received a rejection email for Finance at Barrow, but they have invited me for an interview for a project management position, I have 24 hours to respond but I’m not sure if I should go for it as I don’t really have an interest in that sector and I’m not sure what it is. Any suggestions?

Do you have any other options? If you haven't done anything like it before, it might be worth trying it out just to try out the feel of doing something like that for example. I'm suprised you managed to get 2 applications in because I was only able to apply once in the calander year.
Original post by Jo.nathan3.0
Do you have any other options? If you haven't done anything like it before, it might be worth trying it out just to try out the feel of doing something like that for example. I'm suprised you managed to get 2 applications in because I was only able to apply once in the calander year.
I am looking at applying for some level 2 and 3 accounting apprenticeships in my local area. I did only apply for one apprenticeship but during the application process there was an option to add a second and third choice so I put “business” at Warton as there was another finance apprenticeship there, but as project management also falls under business, they have suggested project management.
Follow through regardless, your opportunity to find more out about them. And IF you get an offer, it is still upto you whether you accept or not. Best of luck
I am looking at applying for some level 2 and 3 accounting apprenticeships in my local area. I did only apply for one apprenticeship but during the application process there was an option to add a second and third choice so I put “business” at Warton as there was another finance apprenticeship there, but as project management also falls under business, they have suggested project management.

Ah that makes sense. I would still recommend continuing just to learn a bit more about the company and the role, you might change your mind in the interview and you can still decline the offer if you get one.
Reply 48
On the note, I have recieved an offer for a final interview!!! Anyone else recieved any good news too?
Yeah, aerospace at the Preston sites
I’m waiting to hear back for a business apprenticeship in Preston.. still says application under consideration. Anyone heard anything back for business yet?
Reply 50
Still waiting on supply for Barrow my application still under consideration I think maybe no news is bad news
Has anyone done the interview for their engineering degree apprenticeships?
What questions were asked?
man wtf i got rejected for the aerospace engineering. legit got final interview waiting for offer for investment banking at a company 10x the size as BAE for 3 spaces, currently have an offer waiting for contract for a masters level accounting apprenticeship. have 4/5 offers for university unconditional cus i did my A levels last year, aerospace at sheffield and southampton, mechanical engineering edinburgh etc. whyy didnt i get into BAE man i swear it has to be cus im muslim and theyre getting backlash over selling weapons to israel surely. or maybe i just suck but i really wanted this apprenticeship :frown:
Original post by 100169990
Has anyone done the interview for their engineering degree apprenticeships?
What questions were asked?
my friend did the interview last year, ill ask him tonight and see if he can send me the questions then ill put them on here.
Original post by Xxabs15xX
my friend did the interview last year, ill ask him tonight and see if he can send me the questions then ill put them on here.

Please do haha, I have my interview tomorrow so may be helpful for me too :smile:
Reply 55
Anyone had an offer back for aerospace?
Please do haha, I have my interview tomorrow so may be helpful for me too :smile:
Unfortunately he said he can’t remember but there wasn’t anything too technical and the interview was more personality based more than anything.
Original post by Xxabs15xX
Unfortunately he said he can’t remember but there wasn’t anything too technical and the interview was more personality based more than anything.
Thanks for trying friend. I dont think the muslim part has anything to do with BAE recruitment especially up in the north where there is big diversity :smile:
All the best!
Reply 58
Original post by MSmith419!
Hi, just wanted to see if anyone has gotten an update from BAE after doing the hirevue assessments?
Not yet, application is still ‘under consideration’. Has anyone heard anything back for PM?
Original post by 100169990
Thanks for trying friend. I dont think the muslim part has anything to do with BAE recruitment especially up in the north where there is big diversity :smile:
All the best!
ur 100% right idk why i said that. crazy to think theres so much competition for this tho. good luck with ur interview !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending