The Student Room Group

BAE systems degree apprenticeships September 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by r1nde
I have an interview for PM end march, please can you take note of the questions if possible :smile:
Is this for the Degree Apprenticeship Project Management? If so, where would you be based?
Nah higher
Original post by Jo.nathan3.0
Please do haha, I have my interview tomorrow so may be helpful for me too :smile:
How did you get on? Hope it went really well for you.
I would love to know any interview questions you could remember as I'm hoping for interview for cyber in Preston, if you don't mind?
Original post by legendary-capaci
How did you get on? Hope it went really well for you.
I would love to know any interview questions you could remember as I'm hoping for interview for cyber in Preston, if you don't mind?
Have you heard anything for cyber preston?
Original post by sheikhma
Have you heard anything for cyber preston?
No not yet, still saying under consideration.
I think it went alright, especially for my first interview. I know I messed up on one of the final technical questions though and feel silly, though I did basically blank out. It was what would I do if my laptop got stolen from my car and I just said I'd call the police (partly correct but missed the important part which I realised as I left the facility)
Some of the behavioural questions I recieved were:
Why BAE?
What and apprenticeship rathe than uni?
Give a time when you worked in a team.
Give a ime when you did something innovative and new.
And then a couple more that I've forgotten. The technical questions were nice and touched on my knowledge (apart from that last one, which I had the right answer in my notes for and still forgot!!!).
It's over now so I just have to hope for the best.

I presume the bit you missed out that you're referring to is reporting it to BAE itself?
I presume the bit you missed out that you're referring to is reporting it to BAE itself?

Yup, reporting to my manager and filing an incident report. Easiest and most important thing to remember in CS, and I still managed to forget it haha. They even like made it clear it had important schematics. Most likely gonna be the deal breaker to make me unsuccessful, I've been stressing that anyways
Reply 67
Hi everyone- first post on here :smile: I am in the middle of preparing for my upcoming live interview for higher apprentice supply chain and I am very unsure what are technical questions/what type of questions they might ask. Could someone please shed some light on this, because I haven't revised for this side of the interview yet due to my confusion.
Anyone heard a peep out of Preston yet? Getting so anxious waiting under consideration when I did my assessment the start of November. It seems other locations are starting to give out rejections and interviews.
Anyone heard a peep out of Preston yet? Getting so anxious waiting under consideration when I did my assessment the start of November. It seems other locations are starting to give out rejections and interviews.

Still nothing for Preston. Mine says the same. It’s making me go cuckoo as it just says under consideration still. Sent them an email and they just said they will let me know in the next few weeks!! Fingers crossed we hear back soon..
Original post by Lilly927472
Still nothing for Preston. Mine says the same. It’s making me go cuckoo as it just says under consideration still. Sent them an email and they just said they will let me know in the next few weeks!! Fingers crossed we hear back soon..

Must've been a lot of applications to Preston... the stress, it's already so competitive!
Must've been a lot of applications to Preston... the stress, it's already so competitive!

Preston interviews are next week. If they get bad interviews then maybe they'll offer you one too
I think it went alright, especially for my first interview. I know I messed up on one of the final technical questions though and feel silly, though I did basically blank out. It was what would I do if my laptop got stolen from my car and I just said I'd call the police (partly correct but missed the important part which I realised as I left the facility)
Some of the behavioural questions I recieved were:
Why BAE?
What and apprenticeship rathe than uni?
Give a time when you worked in a team.
Give a ime when you did something innovative and new.
And then a couple more that I've forgotten. The technical questions were nice and touched on my knowledge (apart from that last one, which I had the right answer in my notes for and still forgot!!!).
It's over now so I just have to hope for the best.

i'm guessing some of the other behavorial questions were:
"Tell us about a time you stood up for something you believed in?"
"When you solved a problem"
"When you made a mistake"
"When you worked in a team"
In terms of technical q's, i think they ask why you chose your specific career path and why BAE
Original post by 100169990
i'm guessing some of the other behavorial questions were:
"Tell us about a time you stood up for something you believed in?"
"When you solved a problem"
"When you made a mistake"
"When you worked in a team"
In terms of technical q's, i think they ask why you chose your specific career path and why BAE

Only behavioural question from that list was the mistake one, and those technical ones were actually behavioural ones funny enough
Only behavioural question from that list was the mistake one, and those technical ones were actually behavioural ones funny enough
the questions I listed were asked of me in the graduate interview. It might be different for degree apprenticeships.
For technical they asked me, tell us when you solved a complex problem, why you chose engineering, why BAE

So how many questions did you actually have in total?
I'm guessing 5 behavioral and 3 technical?
So how many questions did you actually have in total?
I'm guessing 5 behavioral and 3 technical?

Around that I think yeah. I think possible I had 4 technical questions, but I did have a couple questions asked to expand my answers
Around that I think yeah. I think possible I had 4 technical questions, but I did have a couple questions asked to expand my answers

your replies are making my dumb brain go cuckoo lol
Did your questions cover the following values?:
Adaptability

Motivation

Creativity

Courage

Integrity

Collaboration

Adaptability

Motivation

Creativity

Courage

Integrity

Collaboration

I think so? Covered all of them for sure apart from maybe integrity. I'm starting to forget
Reply 79
Adaptability

Motivation

Creativity

Courage

Integrity

Collaboration

The questions won't directly link to the behaviours, you need to incorporate the behaviour into your answer. So even if it's team building you can still mention integrity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending