The Student Room Group

Good biology textbook

Can anyone recommend a good GCSE biology textbook, it must be a full textbook not revision book or exercises?
Thanks in advance!

NB I have a copy of Physics for You, so I'm hoping for something along those lines for biology
Hello there, I would actually discourage using a textbook as most of them contain lots of waffle and don't use the wording included in mark schemes so if you make notes on this content only, you might drop some marks in exams.
I would recommend making notes on the specification itself as this contains exactly what you need to know - nothing more or less. At GCSE you will get lots of questions based on recall (just memorising a concept and writing it down) and if you revise exactly what the specification says, you will get free marks for these questions. I hope this helps!
Original post by FutureMedic789
Hello there, I would actually discourage using a textbook as most of them contain lots of waffle and don't use the wording included in mark schemes so if you make notes on this content only, you might drop some marks in exams.
I would recommend making notes on the specification itself as this contains exactly what you need to know - nothing more or less. At GCSE you will get lots of questions based on recall (just memorising a concept and writing it down) and if you revise exactly what the specification says, you will get free marks for these questions. I hope this helps!

Thank you that's very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest