The Student Room Group

GCSE HANDWRITNG Cursive

i do neat cursive , and all the kids in my school write the normal way ..
because I write in cursive no kid can read my handwriting but it is really neat.

as I write in cursive , will it affect the people grading my gcse's?
It is very easy to understand what I am writing though (teachers in my school get it ) but my friends dont
but I am wondering if I should change my handwriting to the normal way but cursive looks way better as I spent my time improving since primary :frown:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Alm_xo
i do neat cursive , and all the kids in my school write the normal way ..
because I write in cursive no kid can read my handwriting but it is really neat.

as I write in cursive , will it affect the people grading my gcse's?

Do adults (e.g. your teachers) find it legible?
a teacher told my classmate when i did GCSE’s that he needs to sort out his handwriting or otherwise he won’t get the marks if they can’t read it, despite probably have written the correct information. it looked so neat but unreadable. Speak to a teacher about is as they will be able to tell you if you should try to change it as they have more experience with this stuff. But i do know it can be a problem if it really is unreadable
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
Do adults (e.g. your teachers) find it legible?

yes
Reply 4
but is cursive eligible for gcses?
Reply 5
Original post by Studentlife007
a teacher told my classmate when i did GCSE’s that he needs to sort out his handwriting or otherwise he won’t get the marks if they can’t read it, despite probably have written the correct information. it looked so neat but unreadable. Speak to a teacher about is as they will be able to tell you if you should try to change it as they have more experience with this stuff. But i do know it can be a problem if it really is unreadable

it is not unreadable or squished together or anything
Original post by Alm_xo
but is cursive eligible for gcses?

Original post by Alm_xo

As long as it's legible, you will be fine. :smile:
Original post by Alm_xo

sorry was just saying IF it is. so if it isn’t then you haven’t got a problem

Quick Reply

Latest