The Student Room Group

Giving a letter as a secret admirer?

my crush is going away to america in a few days . i never talked to him but we have mutual friends . i am thinking I should give him a letter through my friends to slip it on to my crushes pocket as a secret admirer - what do you think about it , I am scared - I will never see my handsome , smart crush again
Reply 1
What if he puts his clothes in the wash without checking the pockets?

Seriously, he's not that much of a crush when you have never talked, as don't really know him. If you gave him your contact details, how would you cope with long-distance dating, let alone a relationship, when you haven't made the effort when he was with you?
Reply 2
It has the potential to be seen as a bit weird and embarrassing. I would see if, even at this last moment, you can get a word and express a wish to keep in touch. With social media no one is far away
I have some advice about this whole giving a letter from a secret admirer thing.

Don't. It has never and will never work. You are not Cyrano de Bergerac and it will come across as cringey at best and stalkerish at worst.

Just talk to the dude.
I'm not here to tell you what to do or not, it's just that I don't really see the purpose of it. You say he's leaving and you'll never see or speak to him again, and he won't know the letter is from you. So you won't see his reaction, he won't be able to speak to you about it and so on. And he could also see it as cringe and perhaps creepy. I like Zarek's advice, surely it's better to at least try and say some sort of goodbye and maybe ask to keep in touch via socials or whatever.
Reply 5
oops we changed the plans - my friends are directly giving it to him
Reply 6
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I'm not here to tell you what to do or not, it's just that I don't really see the purpose of it. You say he's leaving and you'll never see or speak to him again, and he won't know the letter is from you. So you won't see his reaction, he won't be able to speak to you about it and so on. And he could also see it as cringe and perhaps creepy. I like Zarek's advice, surely it's better to at least try and say some sort of goodbye and maybe ask to keep in touch via socials or whatever.

i dont really care if he doesnt get a reaction , I just want him to know someone liked him
Reply 7
plus all his friends know my handwriitng so its obvious that it is from me
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
It has the potential to be seen as a bit weird and embarrassing. I would see if, even at this last moment, you can get a word and express a wish to keep in touch. With social media no one is far away

but i am actually scared to do so :frown:

my crush don't even use snapchat let alone any other social media
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
but i am actually scared to do so :frown:

my crush don't even use snapchat let alone any other social media

Progressing love interests generally involves tackling and overcoming some fear. All you’ll be saying is you’d love to keep in touch, not (if you’re wise) declaring your love. Give it a go!
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek
Progressing love interests generally involves tackling and overcoming some fear. All you’ll be saying is you’d love to keep in touch, not (if you’re wise) declaring your love. Give it a go!

there is no point in progressing really :frown:
as he is going away and we just 14 so
plus he doesn't use social media
Original post by Anonymous
there is no point in progressing really :frown:
as he is going away and we just 14 so
plus he doesn't use social media

Sadly, this will be another unrequited 14 year old love story, then!
Reply 12
Original post by ThatOldGuy

i know because i am not allowed to date anyway so I will never be in a relationship till I am like 20 :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by ThatOldGuy

i gave it to him and as I write in cursive which most people don't do , it is obvious to his friends who have sat next to me or anyone in our whole year to identify so I asked my friend to write it for me and my friend added some weird things like "I love ur facial hair etc" ( I don't like his facial hair , I liked his mustache) as joke and he read it and threw it in the rubbish

I have got his number though
he is going away this Friday :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending