The Student Room Group

Recieved a conditional offer

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me, I've received an offer from a Uni with the condition of providing a professional or academic reference, but i cannot seem to find any link anywhere where I could submit said request or any information as to where or who they would want another reference from.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.
(I'll also mention I have already emailed and am waiting for a response but I thought to be safe I'll also post here.)

Many thanks,
GS
Original post by Goldie05
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me, I've received an offer from a Uni with the condition of providing a professional or academic reference, but i cannot seem to find any link anywhere where I could submit said request or any information as to where or who they would want another reference from.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.
(I'll also mention I have already emailed and am waiting for a response but I thought to be safe I'll also post here.)

Many thanks,
GS

You need to wait for them to respond, to find out how that particular uni want to receive the reference. They'll likely want to receive it direct from the referee (rather than from you), to ensure everything's above board. So I wouldn't be surprised if they say something like, "Please have you referee e-mail it to [email protected] including your UCAS id in the subject line".

I assume you didn't provide a reference as part of your UCAS application in the first place? Any reason why not? Although you say, "another reference", which suggests that perhaps you did provide a reference originally. That being the case, you might need to ask them for further clarity as to what the second reference should contain. Or maybe your referee simply forgot to add it?

What course is this for? (I'm just curious as to whether they might be the reason for the second reference.)
Reply 2
It will have to come directly from your referee, and from their college/school email address.
As above, check wit the Uni about which email they want it sent to and then email your referee and tell them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending