The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Acceptance in Warwick

Has anyone got an offer from Warwick in MORSE?
Reply 1
Yes got one a couple weeks after applying back in October. Do you have any questions?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by shush12389
Yes got one a couple weeks after applying back in October. Do you have any questions?

Did you take the MAT test or any additional mathematics test?
Reply 3
Original post by ariadnaantolin

Did you take the MAT test or any additional mathematics test?

I took the TMUA as I was applying to Cambridge but I didn’t disclose my score as it wasn’t good enough for a reduced offer for MORSE

What course did you apply for? Could you private message me? I have a few questions 😅😅
Reply 5
Original post by Rohan727262

What course did you apply for? Could you private message me? I have a few questions 😅😅

My account is new so I don’t know if I can private message yet but if you send one it might let me.

I applied for MORSE

My account is new so I don’t know if I can private message yet but if you send one it might let me.

I applied for MORSE

Can I add you on Snapchat quickly for a few questions please, you can remove me after. It’s fine if you don’t want to 🙏

Can I add you on Snapchat quickly for a few questions please, you can remove me after. It’s fine if you don’t want to 🙏

My snap is: xxrohanzz

I applied for MORSE

Hi… really sorry again 😬😬😁 but my account is less than 48 hours old and I can’t private message you back
Reply 9

Hi… really sorry again 😬😬😁 but my account is less than 48 hours old and I can’t private message you back

sorry 😭 I deleted my Snapchat account a while ago unfortunately

are you sure you can’t just ask the questions on this thread

are you sure you can’t just ask the questions on this thread

Sure…

1) How much work experience did you do to get the offer
2) What were your predicted grades?
3) Do they look at your GCSEs
4) Would you recommend any extra curricular/anything else I could add to my personal statement to spice it up a little

I’m really sorry if any of this is personal, you can just ignore those questions if you don’t want to share, but thank you so much for your time I really appreciate it 🙏🙏🙏
No need to apologise, I’m happy to answer your questions :smile:

For Warwick in particular, they don’t really care much about the extra things. If you have the required grades, you will most likely get an offer. They do things a bit differently in the sense that they have high entry requirements instead of being selective when they give out offers.

1. I had no work experience which isn’t particularly a good idea but not as detrimental in my case as I was applying for either Econ or MORSE at all my unis.

2. My predicted grades were A* A* A A with an A* in maths and A in further maths. For MORSE and other maths based courses, Warwick typically give out offers to most people who have A*A in maths and further maths.

3. As far as I’m aware, they aren’t super picky about GCSEs as long as you meet the maths and English requirements that they have for the individual subjects. If you have decent GCSEs, you should be fine in that department.

4. If you are applying to the top unis, I would focus more on supercurriculars such as essay comps, lectures etc. as that satisfies more of what they are looking for. Think of these as academic extracurriculars that are related to the course you are applying for.
No need to apologise, I’m happy to answer your questions :smile:

For Warwick in particular, they don’t really care much about the extra things. If you have the required grades, you will most likely get an offer. They do things a bit differently in the sense that they have high entry requirements instead of being selective when they give out offers.

1. I had no work experience which isn’t particularly a good idea but not as detrimental in my case as I was applying for either Econ or MORSE at all my unis.

2. My predicted grades were A* A* A A with an A* in maths and A in further maths. For MORSE and other maths based courses, Warwick typically give out offers to most people who have A*A in maths and further maths.

3. As far as I’m aware, they aren’t super picky about GCSEs as long as you meet the maths and English requirements that they have for the individual subjects. If you have decent GCSEs, you should be fine in that department.

4. If you are applying to the top unis, I would focus more on supercurriculars such as essay comps, lectures etc. as that satisfies more of what they are looking for. Think of these as academic extracurriculars that are related to the course you are applying for.

Thank you so much! This was very helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest