The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University help

Hi heres my situation.
ive been predicted A*AA and applied to Warwick for Physics. i got the offer for A*A*A and firmed it.
Thing is, i will most likely not achieve the grade and end up with AAB/A*AB and want to apply to Warwick for BEng Engineering instead. the requirements are AAA but if i miss by one grade will i have a chance? My Physics grade is letting me down.
so, can i ask if they accept me on results day or do i have to apply next year?
Ring Warwick NOW and ask if they consider you for alternate courses if they can’t take you with lower grades for your firm course.
Many universities will do this automatically. You can ask them to note your interest/preference for engineering.
(edited 11 months ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Hiim
Hi heres my situation.
ive been predicted A*AA and applied to Warwick for Physics. i got the offer for A*A*A and firmed it.
Thing is, i will most likely not achieve the grade and end up with AAB/A*AB and want to apply to Warwick for BEng Engineering instead. the requirements are AAA but if i miss by one grade will i have a chance? My Physics grade is letting me down.

Universities get results a week before results day and will have made final decisions, You will either be accepted or not. There is no ringing them. Sometimes universities accept near miss students but that is dependent on the numbers reaching their offers. The decision on results day will be final. You can either go to your insurance choice or through clearing or if you prefer apply again next year
Reply 3
As above, contact the Uni now - you are far more likely to get a course switch now than Results Day.
Original post by Hiim
Hi heres my situation.

wow i didnt know unis could do higher offers- mustve been competitive this year
Reply 5
Original post by hiiii.123456
wow i didnt know unis could do higher offers- mustve been competitive this year

Tell me about it, I was expecting A*AA from Warwick which match my predicted grades as well.
Hopefully I can get into Engineering instead.

Quick Reply

Latest