The Student Room Group

How much math is in aqa a level psychology+sociology

As someone who is thinking of picking either
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Superherogamer
As someone who is thinking of picking either

I am doing aqa psychology and there is barely any maths - the only thing you will asked to work out in an exam is mean, median, mode and range.
You will have to learn about things like standard deviation, interpreting frequency tables and diagrams, bar charts and histograms, stats test and which one is appropriate things like that, its alot of GCSE maths but I havent see any questions that is too mathsy.
Good luck with whichever one you choose!
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
I am doing aqa psychology and there is barely any maths - the only thing you will asked to work out in an exam is mean, median, mode and range.
You will have to learn about things like standard deviation, interpreting frequency tables and diagrams, bar charts and histograms, stats test and which one is appropriate things like that, its alot of GCSE maths but I havent see any questions that is too mathsy.
Good luck with whichever one you choose!

Sociology is long and repetitive so psychs better

Quick Reply

Latest