The Student Room Group

year 12

My sixth form requires a 6 to do A level sciences but I’m doing foundation maths and it’s too late to change now and I’m predicted to achieve a 5 and a 7-6 in science. Those are the only A levels I want to do but I don’t know if my sixth form will let me but has anyone don’t those A levels with these or similar grades. I’m going to resit maths in year 12 for a higher grade. It anyone is doing these a levels know how is the level of maths in these subjects?
A level physics is maths heavy and my son was advised to take A level maths with it (he got an 8 at GCSE but struggled with A level maths). Chemistry and biology have some maths but less so. What are you hoping to do longer term?
Original post by normaw
A level physics is maths heavy and my son was advised to take A level maths with it (he got an 8 at GCSE but struggled with A level maths). Chemistry and biology have some maths but less so. What are you hoping to do longer term?

The A levels I want to take are Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and hopefully get into dentistry

Quick Reply

Latest